I’ve discovered a fun romance trilogy and have the opportunity to entertain you today with an interview from the author, Bethany Daniel. After the interview, look for the Rafflecopter giveaway for an opportunity to win 1 of 2 prize packs of RECONNECTED AND DISCONNECTED eBooks!
Interview with Bethany Daniel
1. I thought that the blurb to the first book in the CONNECTED trilogy, RECONNECTED, sounded fascinating, but then I read the blurb for the second book, DISCONNECTED, and it really drew me in. I love that they are based on the same story but told from a completely different viewpoint. Where did the inspiration to write the CONNECTED trilogy come from?
I’ve always been one to follow Hollywood gossip, it fascinates me. I thought it would be fun to write something in that world that’s completely opposite of mine.
2. I’m going to go out on a limb and assume that you are currently working on the third book in the trilogy? Does it have a title yet? Do you have an anticipated release date? Anything that you want to reveal about the story, or is it still super top-secret? LOL!
Yes I am working on book 3! It is Interconnected Hearts, and it picks up where Disconnected left off but with Krista and Scott instead of Liam and Katy (but they are around!). I’m aiming to release by December 15th. It’s going to focus on Krista and Scott being newlyweds and also Krista gets to put her degree to the test with an up and coming young actress that you met in the Bonus Scene of Disconnected.
3. I like to imagine actors who could portray the characters from my book if it were made into a movie. What actors do you imagine look like the main characters from the CONNECTED trilogy?
I’ve always pictured Liam looking like Garret Hedlund, Katy like Melissa Benoist, Krista like Alyson Michalka and Scott like Tom Welling.
4. What are your all-time 3 favorite books that you could read over and over?
Sundays at Tiffany’s by James Patterson
Second Glance by Jodi Picoult
Family Tree by Barbara Delinksy
5. When I write, my surroundings need to be “just right” so that I can tune out the world around me. What is your ideal writing environment? Are there certain foods or drinks that you like to have?
My “Writing cave” is my laptop on my kitchen table lol. It’s easiest for me to write when my kiddos are in bed for the night and I can turn on my music and just zone into the story. No real set snack but some Blue Belle Ice cream is always good to write with!
6. When you aren’t writing, what do you like to do for fun?
I love photography! I got a DSLR camera and its so fun to just take some great pictures of my family.
7. I love photography too! That’s been a hobby of mine for a while. I also heard that you have two children and three dogs. Do you have boys or girls? What kind of dogs do you have?
I have 2 boys who are “Irish Twins”, just under a year apart. They are the same age for a week. I have a dog who is half boxer (no clue her other half) named Bella, a chihuaha/terrier mix named Soleil and a miniature pinscher named Blaine
8. If you weren’t an author what would be your second career choice?
Probably a teacher. I actually went to school and planned to become a Kindergarten teacher, and I was a teacher in a preschool/daycare for almost 3 years.
9. If fans want to meet you, do you have plans to attend any author/book conventions in the near future?
I am having my first Meet N Greet in Dallas with a few other Indie authors on December 7th at the Coffee House Cafe!
10. Can your fans look for any additional writing projects beyond the CONNECTED trilogy?
I’m currently working on a standalone called Because of Us 🙂 Not positive of when it will be released just yet.
Katy Warren had it all. A new husband, who was a successful theater actor and their whole lives ahead of them. But then Liam got discovered and once whisked off to Hollywood, he changed. After a night of being ignored for “business”, Katy decides she can’t handle it and leaves. Taking back her maiden name, and deciding to go for a Psychology degree she leaves Liam Warren and his celebrity behind, but she never got a divorce and Liam hasn’t stopped looking for her. When their paths cross again, Liam does all he can to fight for their love even with Katy fighting against him.
This is the retelling of Reconnected from Liam’s POV, however it CAN be read as a standalone.
A Fast Paced Love Story!
Liam and Katy were high school sweethearts. Shortly after they graduated they ran off to Vegas to get married. Liam does theater acting and it’s there that he is discovered by Excite Entertainment and flown to L.A.
Once he’s in L.A his marriage takes the backseat to rubbing elbows with Hollywood’s biggest and brightest. One night Liam throws a big party and Katy comes into their house filled with half dressed women. When Katy says she’s going to leave, Liam doesn’t believe her until he comes home from filming and finds a note that tears him apart.
Four years later, he’s tried to move on but never let go of the love he has in his heart for his Katy. It’s in a little town they are filming in that their paths cross again and Liam has to try and convince Katy that their love is worth fighting for.
Connect with Author Bethany Daniel:
Enter the giveaway: